Serve this wholesome beetroot soup with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of chives.
The ingredient of Chilled beetroot and onion soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1.4kg (about 6 large) trimmed beetroot, washed
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 2cm lengths
The instruction how to make Chilled beetroot and onion soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add the onions and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the onions and celery are soft.
- Meanwhile, put on rubber gloves and peel the beetroot. Cut into 2cm pieces.
- Add beetroot and stock to the pan and increase heat to high. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until beetroot is very tender.
- Place 1/4 of the soup in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large airtight container. Repeat with remaining soup. Add lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours to chill.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle with chives.
Nutritions of Chilled beetroot and onion soupcalories: