This meal calls for two bottles of red - one to marinate the beef, the bonus to sip as you go.
The ingredient of Boeuf en daube (beef braised in red wine)
- 1.5kg diced beef casserole steak
- 2 brown onions, scratchily chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 celery sticks, ends trimmed, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 6 garlic cloves, harshly roughly chopped
- 3 combine cloves
- 1 dried or open bay leaf
- 6 sprigs buoyant thyme
- 1 x 8cm-strip yellowish-brown peel
- 60ml (1/4 cup) brandy
- 1 x 750ml btl dry red wine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 bacon rashers, rind removed, scratchily chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel beef heap
- 140g (1/2 cup) canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped lively continental parsley
- Chopped blithe continental parsley, extra, to give support to
- Crusty bread, to facilitate
The instruction how to make Boeuf en daube (beef braised in red wine)
- Place the beef, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, cloves, bay leaf, thyme, orange peel and brandy in a large glass or ceramic bowl. accumulate the red wine and stir up to combine. Cover once plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beef to a plate. Pat dry similar to paper towel. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the onion, carrot, celery and garlic to a bowl. Reserve the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish beyond medium-high heat. ensue bacon and cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until well-ventilated golden. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a large heatproof bowl.
- increase be credited with one-quarter of the beef to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to the bowl. Repeat, in 3 more batches, in imitation of the remaining oil and beef, reheating the pan along with batches.
- increase be credited with the reserved marinade to the pan. Bring to the boil. shorten heat to medium and simmer, skimming the surface occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the liquid is condensed abbreviated by one-third. ensue the deposit and bring to the boil. cut heat to medium and simmer for 12 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by one-third.
- Return the bacon, beef, onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pan. Season following salt and pepper. Cover and bake in oven for 2 hours or until the beef is tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon, beef and vegetables to a large heatproof bowl. Place the pan on top of higher than high heat and bring to the boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the sauce is shortened by half.
- Return the bacon, beef and vegetables to the pan like the tomato and parsley, and mix up to combine. Season in the same way as salt and pepper. Divide the beef merger along with serving plates and sprinkle subsequent to further parsley. utility past crusty bread.
Nutritions of Boeuf en daube (beef braised in red wine)calories: 916.087 calories
fatContent: 42 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 7 grams sugar
proteinContent: 94 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 208 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 1801.6 milligrams sodium