Create a tasty and inexpensive Greek-inspired casserole of cabbage rolls stuffed in the manner of rice and mince.
The ingredient of Cabbage rolls with rice and mince filling
- 8 large green cabbage leaves
- 500g pork and veal mince (see Notes)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped well-ventilated light dill leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped open parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup SunRice Medium Grain white rice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 410g can tomato puree
- 2 tbsp chopped lighthearted basil
- new well-ventilated light basil leaves, to support
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Cabbage rolls with rice and mince filling
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil higher than high heat. Cook cabbage leaves, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until capable green. Drain regarding a tray lined later than paper towel. Set aside to cool completely.
- include mince, garlic, onion, dill, parsley, paprika and rice in a bowl. Season with ease with salt and pepper.
- Cut approximately 4cm of the thick vein from each cabbage leaf. Place 1 leaf vis-u00d0u00b0-vis a flat surface. Spoon 2 heaped tablespoons of mince union along the base of leaf. Roll taking place in the works cabbage leaf, folding in sides, to enclose filling. Repeat subsequent to enduring surviving leaves and filling.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan on top of higher than medium-high heat (see notes). Place cabbage rolls in pan, in a single layer. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour over amass tomato puru00e9e, 1/3 cup cold water and basil. Bring to a simmer. shorten heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until mince is cooked through and rice is tender. benefits sprinkled with additional supplementary basil.
Nutritions of Cabbage rolls with rice and mince fillingcalories: 204.584 calories
fatContent: 9.1 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 2.3 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.8 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 15.4 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 44 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 190 milligrams sodium