The warm chocolate sauce gives this cherry-flavoured frozen dessert a touch of elegance.
The ingredient of Black forest ice-cream cake
- Melted butter, to grease
- 250g butter, at room temperature, chopped
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 115g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 95g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 2 x 415g cans Stoneless Black Cherries
- 1 tbsp kirsch liqueur (optional)
- 2L (2 cups) vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 1 x 300ml ctn thickened cream
- 250g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, further
The instruction how to make Black forest ice-cream cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Brush a 23cm (base measurement) springform pan like melted butter to grease. Line the base behind non-stick baking paper.
- Use an electric beater to stress inflection the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. build up the eggs, 1 at a time, beating competently after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Sift the total flours and cocoa into a bowl. Use a large metal spoon to fold the flour mixture, alternately in imitation of the milk, into the egg mixture until without difficulty combined. Pour into the pan and sleek slick the surface. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Set aside in the pan for 10 minutes to cool. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the cake in half horizontally. Place the base, cut-side up, in pan. Drain cherries, reserving 125ml (1/2 cup) of syrup. amass kirsch, if desired, to reserved syrup and trouble to combine. Brush half the syrup greater than the cake in the pan.
- Arrange cherries higher than the cake. peak later ice-cream and sleek slick the surface. Brush the cut side of the permanent cake taking into consideration the remaining syrup. Place, cut-side down, in the pan. Press firmly to sandwich together. Place in freezer for 6 hours or until firm.
- cut off surgically remove cake from freezer and set aside for 15 minutes to make sharp bitter easier. Place cream, chocolate and further vanilla in a saucepan over low heat. disquiet past a metal spoon for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and fusion is smooth.
- Cut the cake into wedges and drizzle on top of higher than the chocolate sauce to serve.
Nutritions of Black forest ice-cream cakecalories: 650.08 calories
fatContent: 35 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 71 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 50 grams sugar
proteinContent: 10 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 137 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 282.81 milligrams sodium